Available to view as many times as you’d like November 13-15, 2020
business as (un)usual
We present world-class ballet as usual—delivered in an unusual way—with this mix of new and existing works exemplifying our spirit.
- • a world premiere by Princess Grace Award winner and Beyoncé choreographer Darrell Grand Moultrie
- • a world premiere by Artistic Director James Sofranko featuring a collaboration with violinist Gene Hahn
- • a world premiere by Company dancer Yuka Oba-Muschiana
- Christopher Stowell’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream pas de deux from the postponed 2019-20 season featuring the music of
- • works by Resident Choreographer Penny Saunders and Company dancers Gretchen Steimle and Matthew Wenckowski
Available to view as many times as you’d like December 18-27, 2020
the nutcracker experience
The beloved holiday classic, with choreography by Val Caniparoli, as you’ve never seen it before! Join your hosts Rachael Ruiz and Jordan Carson of WOOD-TV to enjoy many of your favorite on-stage moments, behind-the-scenes interviews and rehearsals, and more. And the story wouldn’t be complete without the musical accompaniment of Grand Rapids Symphony.
Available to view as many times as you’d like March 26-28, 2021
The world’s most celebrated and in-demand choreographers come together to stage their ballets and create new works, contributing to a performance that will truly be an immersive tour de force. In addition, Artistic Director James Sofranko will present an exciting new work featuring the music of Michigan-based cellist Jordan Hamilton.
Available to view as many times as you’d like April 30-May 2, 2021
jumpstart: on film
Choreographed by the dancers of Grand Rapids Ballet, this innovative program will also provide them the unique opportunity to explore a completely new layer of creativity and expression: filmmaking. We sincerely thank our season video sponsors, Salt Creative Production Studio, for their mentorship and guidance.