ALADDIN & JASMINE’S ROYAL TEA 2022
Join Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company for Aladdin & Jasmine’s Royal Tea at 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 13 at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market in the Greenhouse space. The memorable event, fit for both princes and princesses alike, features a photo booth, a meet and greet with characters from Aladdin, a kid-friendly craft, all topped off with a brunch built for kids and adults. After the Royal Tea, the attendees will travel to the land of Agrabah at Peter Martin Wege Theatre to experience the thrills of Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company’s Aladdin beginning at 2 p.m.
ALADDIN & JASMINE’S ROYAL TEA | COUNTDOWN
ALADDIN & JASMINE’S ROYAL TEA | DETAILS
Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company is delighted to host a thrilling event, made just for kids! Aladdin & Jasmine’s Royal Tea, taking place in the beautiful Greenhouse space at the Downtown Market, includes experiences including:
- • A fun Aladdin-themed arts and crafts activity
- • Brunch that is made to please both children and adults, including tasty desserts and mimosas for 21+!
- • A live synopsis of the Aladdin story
- • An interactive photo booth that allows direct posts to Facebook plus a take-home printed copy
- • A matinee performance of Aladdin, at Peter Martin Wege Theatre just down the street
- • Parking is included at the market in the ticket price.
ALADDIN & JASMINE’S ROYAL TEA | SCHEDULE
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2022, at 11 a.m.
Location: Greenhouse at the Downtown Market (upstairs)
- • 11 a.m. – Arrive at the greenhouse as registration begins
- • 11-11:45 a.m. – Photos and crafts
- • 11:45 a.m. – Brunch
- • 1:15 p.m. – Depart for Peter Martin Wege Theatre
- • 2 p.m. – Attend the matinee performance of Aladdin
HOW TO GET TICKETS
Tickets to Aladdin & Jasmine’s Royal Tea are $49, including the ticket to Aladdin.
Call the Box Office today to purchase your tickets at 616.454.4771 ext. 10.
ALADDIN | THE STORY
Aladdin is an impoverished young boy living in the city of Agrabah. He falls in love with a beautiful princess named Jasmine when he sees her shopping on the busy, crowded streets of the bustling city. He is recruited by a Sorcerer who passes himself off as a merchant to retrieve an old oil lamp from a cave in exchange for gold. Thinking he could impress the princess with his treasure, Aladdin agrees.
Before heading out on his dangerous quest, the Sorcerer presents him a very special ring — one which holds a genie who can only be released by those with a kind heart like Aladdin’s. The genie then leads Aladdin to the oil lamp which is guarded by a fierce dragon on which the genie places a sleeping spell so Aladdin can complete his task. When Aladdin rubs the oil lamp, he unlocks a more powerful genie who is bound to do the bidding of the person who released him. With the aid of this genie, Aladdin wishes to be rich with the hope of winning Princess Jasmine’s heart.
The Sorcerer hears of Aladdin’s good fortune and, dressed in disguise, tricks his mother, who is unaware the lamp is magical, to trade it for a new one. With the oil lamp now in his possession, the Sorcerer is filled with greed and orders the genie to take away Aladdin’s riches. Aladdin now realizes how that power can be misused and decides to challenge the Sorcerer to take back the oil lamp and return it to the cave where it belongs.
But now poor and powerless, will Aladdin and Jasmine live happily ever?
ALADDIN & JASMINE’S ROYAL TEA | SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
For the peace of mind of all attendees, please know, extra safety procedures will be in place during Aladdin & Jasmine’s Royal Tea, including:
- • Requiring all attendees to wear a mask at all times except when eating.
- • Limiting the number of guests allowed per table.
- • The arts and crafts portion of the event will feature per-child, personal crafts created at each table.
- • And any additional measures that are deemed relevant at the time of the event.
Please rest assured, the health and safety of our staff, patrons, and community remains our highest priority. Learn more about our policies here.
By purchasing or otherwise accepting a ticket to this event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus) exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the event, you and any guest voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Grand Rapids Ballet or Grand Rapids Downtown Market liable for any illness or injury in connection with you or your guests’ attendance.