PERSONAL INFORMATION Types of “Personal Information” That May be Collected
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Grand Rapids Ballet account ID
- Facebook public profile
- Twitter handle
- Instagram handle and public profile
- Standard Google Analytics tracking, custom events (engagements on site), and eCommerce data; PII is not collected and User ID tracking is not utilized.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information that you provide while completing the following activities:
- Your purchases and donations made through Grand Rapids Ballet websites; by phone with Grand Rapids Ballet Patron Services, employees, and authorized third party telemarketers; email with Grand Rapids Ballet Patron Services or employees; in-person at Grand Rapids Ballet box office at 341 Ellsworth Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503; and by mail.
- Your purchase online, by phone, in-person, and by mail at the box offices of Ticketmaster, DeVos Performance Hall, and other presenting venues.
- Your purchases and registrations for Grand Rapids Ballet School made on grballet.com, by phone, fax, email, in-person with an employee of Grand Rapids Ballet, and by mail.
- Donations made on https://squareup.com/store/grand-rapids-ballet.
- Comments you post on grballet.com.
- Google Analytics tracking of your visits to grballet.com including engagements on site (custom events) and eCommerce tracking; data is collected using Google Tag Manager via DOM scraping and the DataLayer (eCommerce).
- Google Analytics tracking of your Grand Rapids Ballet purchase.
- Your written correspondence sent via mail, email, and fax.
- Your likes, shares and comments on Grand Rapids Ballet, Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company, Peter Martin Wege Theatre, Meijer-Royce Center for Dance, and Grand Rapids Ballet School Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts and channels.
- Clicking, liking, commenting, sharing, or tagging friends on Grand Rapids Ballet, Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company, Peter Martin Wege Theatre, Meijer-Royce Center for Dance, and Grand Rapids Ballet School Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram ads.
- Clicking on Grand Rapids Ballet ads posted on third party sites directly or via Quantcast (digital advertising network) or Google Ads.
- Information shared by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you can post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Uses of Personal Information
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as sending eNewsletters, brochures, postcards, updates, phone calls, and e-mails.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the products and services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience with the services by presenting products, services, and offers tailored to you via phone call, email, or print mailings, unless you have opted out of one of these communication methods.
- To allow you to participate in drawings of chance and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address
- For campaign tracking with user/traffic reporting in Google Analytics and eCommerce data.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities. As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We also may disclose the Personal Information we collect about you as follows:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- Traffic data (page views and clicks/events) and eCommerce data (revenue, order ID and quantity) to third party agencies for digital marketing/retargeting campaigns and campaign tracking.
- To third parties to permit them to call you about services or special offers and send you printed marketing communications, unless you have opted out of such sharing.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology and other similar technologies: We may use Flash and or other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services, (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a telephone area code).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “Other Information we collect” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information if it is combined.
PRIVACY & THIRD PARTIES
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and it is the user’s responsibility to take measure to ensure all information and data is secure.
USE BY MINORS
Our Services are not intended for users under the age of 13 (a “minor”) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If we become aware that a minor is using our Services, we will delete their information from our records. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage in order to verify that minors are not using our Services.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Please refer to the above sections listing in detail the type of Personal Information collected and how it used for users living in California.
CONTACT & OPTING OUT
Grand Rapids Ballet 341 Ellsworth Avenue SW Grand Rapids Michigan 49503.
Opting Out of the Collection of Personal Information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Grand Rapids Ballet and its entities, please email email@example.com.
You can opt out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out or at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).