We hope you and your loved ones are well. As we continue to adjust course due to COVID-19, here are some very important updates.
- • First, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone the 2020-21 season until 2021-22. That said, we will present a season of virtual performances and we will inform you as details become available. If we are able at any point throughout the season to safely bring patrons back to our theater for in-person live performances, we will do so.
- • Second, if you purchased a 2020-21 season subscription, it will automatically be shifted to the 2021-22 season with no price increase or loss of preferred seating. You will also receive the new virtual 2020-21 programming at no charge as a thank you for your continued support. Additionally, you will receive the first opportunity to purchase any in-person live programming we are able to present this season.
- • Third, if you purchased tickets to Junior Company’s Aladdin (March 13-15 & 21-22, 2020) or the Company’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream (April 24-26 & May 1-3, 2020), we would greatly appreciate you donating the full transaction ticket value by sending us an email with your name, phone number, and the performance dates(s) and time(s) by Friday, July 31. However, if we do perform either of these two productions in the future, a new ticket purchase will be required. You may also request a refund by sending us an email with your name, phone number, and the performance date(s) and time(s) of your tickets also by Friday, July 31.
- • Fourth, Grand Rapids Ballet School continues to evaluate plans for resuming classes in the fall taking into consideration all local, state, and federal safety guidelines. Read more here.
- • Lastly, please save the date for our virtual season gala on October 1 in partnership with our friends at A.K. Rikk’s. More details to come soon on this exciting innovative event.
In the next few weeks, we will announce the structure of the new reimagined 2020-21 season, including information on how to purchase a subscription or individual tickets.
While this season will not bring what any of us expected, we are eager to tackle the challenges and opportunities we are presented with today. Never has our world — much less a dance company — been faced with such an unprecedented set of hurdles. We pledge to be innovative, collaborative, and creative to find our way through the unknown toward a path of purpose and pride.
We are so grateful for all of the support we have received from the community. If you wish to help, the best thing you can do is to donate back any unused tickets or consider a donation to sustain us through this time, which will help us maintain health benefits for our dancers and staff.
Also, to better craft a new season of virtual programming with you in mind, please take a minute to respond to a short survey here.
As always, we appreciate your patience, understanding, and support of Grand Rapids Ballet, Grand Rapids Ballet School, and Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company.
Glenn Del Vecchio, Executive Director
James Sofranko, Artistic Director
Attila Mosolygo, School Director